Appliance maintenance can save you the hassle of unexpected repair costs in the future. At Argent Heating & Cooling in the Washington D.C. Metro area, our technicians have decades of experience in home appliance repair services. We have the knowledge and skills needed to diagnose and repair any appliance problems you may be experiencing. Allow our technicians to keep your appliances in top-condition with our regular professional maintenance. Below, we’ve put together a checklist for properly maintaining your appliances:
- Clean out ice bin often.
- Remove any debris from the freezer vents and keep them unobstructed.
- Readjust temperature settings; set the freezer at 0 degrees and the fridge between 35 to 40 degrees.
- Scrub the door gaskets and inside liners clean.
- Clean condenser coils and fan at the bottom or behind the unit.
- Remove racks and soak them in hot water and vinegar.
- Wipe down the inside of the unit, including the door with warm, soapy water or light detergent.
- Carefully remove debris from and around the filter.
Oven & Stovetop
- For an electric stovetop, remove knobs and carefully wipe around the holes.
- For a gas stovetop, remove surface burners and grates and soak them in warm, soapy water.
- Clean the inside of the oven with soapy water or light detergent.
- Remove the racks from oven and soak them in soapy water.
- Clean the built-up detergent and fabric softener residue from dispensers.
- Fill empty washing machine with hot water and bleach, let it sit for an hour, and then run a long cleaning cycle to make sure all bleach has been removed.
- Front-loading washers, make sure to thoroughly clean the door seal.
- Remove the lint trap and clean it using a soft bristle brush and soapy water.
- Remove and throw away any dirt or lint that is stuck inside of the lint trap.
- Wipe the inside of the dryer drum with vinegar or a mild detergent.
- Clean the exhaust on the back of the dryer and remove all of the lint.
Professional Home Appliance Repair & Maintenance in the Washington D.C. Area
After going through the checklist above, it’s understandable to be a bit overwhelmed. It is also why many homeowners and renters do not think to maintain their appliances until something goes wrong. The professionals at Argent Heating & Cooling will always be here to assist you when things go wrong with your appliances. If you are considering scheduling routine maintenance, we can provide that as well for your convenience. Our technicians will keep your appliances in top-condition with our expert home appliance repair services, which will allow your home to run smoothly.